Friday, October 16, 2009

Two Months






















Flying Squirrel Bakery Cafe opened it's doors only two months ago. Sometimes it feels like I've already been doing this for years.
Two days ago I was reminded of how fast these two months have gone by when local resident Michelle Baker came in to pick up some bread she had reserved. She turned out to be the first person to fill up a bread card and she got a free baguette!

Don't get me wrong, the first dollar was pretty darn special (thanks Esther and Jim!), but the first full bread card is just as, if not more meaningful. It represents a connection that is quickly developing between Flying Squirrel and the great folks that walk through the doors every day, or once a week, or even once a month. People who live in the Talkeetna area are coming back for more. Even better, neighbors are buying locally made bread instead of the grocery store standard. Even better, people like the crusty, whole grain bread with substance that I happen to like making!

Very cool.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm jealous of your customers...

    May there be many, many more full bread cards in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on hitting the two month mark! I wish I lived close enough to fill up a bread card... Any chance of opening up a satellite bakery in Eagle River?
    Your cafe has been my best food experience in Alaska - by far. I can't wait until my next trip to Talkeetna. I've got to get some more of that rugelach!

    ReplyDelete